Our researchers went down to the nanometer level and managed to mix in an elastomer that gives acrylic glass unique properties without compromising transparency. Weighs half as much as conventional glass and is an innovative green alternative. Shock-resistant and excellent chemical resistance makes it a revolutionary sheet.
Altuglas® ShieldUp is all around us:
- in the WBSK world championship with Tom Sykes, Kawasaki racing team
- in your Renault Twizy
- lighting up the Limovian in the film Mood Indigo
- showing us the future in the Peugeot Onyx concept car
- in the trimaran of skipper Lalou Roucayrol.
- Ultra-resistant to impact
- Ultra-resistant to chemicals
- Lightweight and more transparent than glass
- Easy to thermoform
- Never fades in any temperature